Charles Murphy Jr.
Floral Park Centre Fire Company provides
Fire, Rescue, and EMS Services.
William Murphy Jr.
In 1924 concerned residents formed a Civic action group and named it" The Floral Park Centre Civic Association" One of the main concerns was Fire Protection. In 1925 "The Floral Park Centre Fire Company" was established, and received its Charter on March 16, 1927, from the State Legislature.
On October 16, 1926 members of the Floral Park Centre Civic Association formed and incorporated "The Floral Park Centre Holding Company, inc." to raise funds for the development and improvement of the building known as the "Community House", On May 23, 1927 William H. Murphy SR., deeded the land on which the Firehouse was erected to the, to the Floral Park Centre Holding Company for the sum of one dollar. with authorization to issue 1500 shares of common stock, at Five dollars per share.On December 11, 1945 the Floral Park Centre Fire Company, inc. purchased the premises from the holding company for the sum of One dollar.
Floral Park Centre Fire Company Explorer Program Post 1925 Recruits Boys and
Girls age 14 to 18. Explorers Drill on Sunday Mornings from 10:00 to 12:00 hours.
For more information contact the Fire Company.